- This event has passed.
Tonglen Compassion Meditation
April 6, 2020 @ 12:15 pm - 1:00 pm$5 – $10
Tonglen Compassion Meditation
Hosted by Grace Bryant
12:15-1pm every Monday and Thursday
Due to the Covid 19 and our desire to center connection and safety, SEC is now 100% virtual!
Join us on Zoom only – https://zoom.us/j/6143346038
Tonglen is the Tibetan Tantric practice of giving and receiving compassion and is often said to be one of the most powerful practices of awakening. Compassion is the wish-fulfilling gem which relieves suffering for all.
Join Grace for a bi-weekly online practice of Tonglen Compassion Meditation. Come exactly as you are, prepared to connect with the heart and move through suffering. You’ll leave this lunchtime practice with more peace and groundedness in your body. Side effects include cultivating compassion for yourself, for those around you and for our grieving world.
-All level of physical abilities welcome
-cancel at anytime
About the Host:
Grace (they/them, she/her) has been a whole-life educator since 2005, integrating drama, music, movement, meditation and yoga, mindful living, creative play, authentic relating, conscious collaboration, tantra and leadership. Grace is beyond grateful to have received the teachings of Nondual Tantra and the Spiritual Heart. They believe these teachings can transform the consciousness of anyone who practices them sincerely.
Currently, Grace is merging anti-oppression work with the vision of Advaita Tantra and the Spiritual Heart. They are committed to shifting the global culture of Tantra and Yoga teachings and helping end white supremacy culture and colonialist appropriation of these beautiful traditions. Grace draws inspiration from the original Tantra concept of kula (spiritual family) which was open to everyone and where castes, and genders could practice side-by-side. They deeply believe that Tantra is for all bodies, ethnicities, backgrounds, orientations, genders and humans which is reflected in the mission of Sacred Embodiment Community Seattle.
New to SEC? Please sign our Community Policies before attending this event. https://forms.gle/zos9MWF2wdJv9tTe9
– FINDING US: Join us on Zoom only – https://zoom.us/j/6143346038
– ACCESSIBILITY: Accessibility is important to Sacred Embodiment Community. We strive to be as accessible as possible. As we shift into the virtual world, we will continue updating our accessibility information and how we create inclusivity to different needs and bodies via our online platforms. If we can support your accessibility, please email us at [email protected].
– DONATIONS: SEC is a No One Turned Away for Lack of Funds Community. We endeavor to be transparent, open and inclusive around money. Many of our events have suggested donation amounts and we encourage you to give what you can. We are a not-for-profit incorporated organization and currently all of our donations go towards our operating costs, to your facilitators or to Real Rent Duwamish as reparations for living and working on native lands of the Duwamish Tribe. Some events are free and some have fixed registration costs. Please contact us at [email protected] if you have questions about donations.
Donations can be sent to:
- Venmo: @Melissa-SEC
- PayPal: [email protected] (please send as Friends & Family)
- Website: www.sacred-embodiment.org/donate
*Please memo the name and date of your event!
– PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY: We have a privacy and confidentiality policy for our community which you will be asked to sign when you attend your first event. New to SEC? Please sign our Community Policies before attending. https://forms.gle/zos9MWF2wdJv9tTe9
– SUBSTANCES: Please don’t consume alcohol or other substances that would hinder your natural state before attending SEC events.