- This event has passed.
On Desire: Authentic Relating Games
December 8, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm$10 – $40
On desire: are you in touch with yours? Desire arises naturally within us, we do not make them up. However, we do make up a lot of stories, expectations, and fears around our naturally arising desire. We often confuse desire and need in our minds, creating even more confusion, shutting down and bypassing what often feels like a shadowy part of us- unwelcome, unhealthy, wrong. This separates us from an integral part of ourselves, leading to feelings of unfulfillment, lack of wholeness, and shame.
Tonight, we will use authentic relating games to explore our own personal world of desire, disconnection from it and any shame or fear around our desire…all the while fiercely acknowledging that no one else is expected to fulfill our desires for us.
This is an edgy topic and may be uncomfortable. And while desire is often associated with sex and our sexuality, it is much more than that. Acknowledging that edge, this evening is about getting to know our desires, and not about fulfilling those desires. This evening does not include sexual touch or any expectation that another person should be fulfilling my desires for me.
Facilitated by Grace & Keeley
** WHAT ARE AUTHENTIC RELATING GAMES? **
AR (Authentic Relating) is about what is real. It’s about what you are feeling and experiencing in the bodily felt sense. It’s about your actual thoughts and emotions in the moment, whether they be frightening, silly, sexy, or questioning. It’s about the nature of connectedness when you look into the eyes of another being.
Relating Games are a collection of experiences and activities that give participants a hands-on taste of both the joy and skills of genuine interpersonal connection. Game nights provide a lower-stakes venue to feel the power of being vulnerable in community with the aim of bringing more authentic connection into our lives every day.
Authentic Relating is a growing movement with communities around the globe gathering to connect and enrich the human experience. (https://www.authrev.com/worldwide-connection)
** WHAT/WHO IS AUTHENTIC SEATTLE? **
We are a community that is unleashing our aliveness through self-expression, connection, and bearing witness to each other.
Seattle Tantra Center plans to host monthly Authentic Relating Games nights. All are welcome to join.
– Address: 9414 Roosevelt Way
– Ample street parking and public transit options.
– Please arrive 15-20 minutes early to settle into the space so we can begin at 7pm. We lock the doors at 7:15.
– Cost: Donation basis $10-$40 suggested to support budding Seattle Tantra and Authentic Seattle communities. Cash, check or card accepted at the door. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. Your assistance with set-up or clean up would be most appreciated in lieu of financial support.
– Accessibility: Seattle Tantra is an accessible space. However, the bathroom does not accommodate wheelchairs. Please contact us if you have questions about how we can support your abilities.
– Please note that Authentic Relating events are not a therapeutic setting, and the facilitators are not there in the role of counselors. If you have needs that would best be served by a mental health professional, do not consider this practice as a substitute for such care.
– Games & Circling events can facilitate people making deep connections. Not everyone brings that connected experience with them after an event. Please remember to practice everyday politeness if you reach out to someone to connect socially after an event.
– If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask any of the Authentic Seattle or Seattle Tantra facilitators.